Group Critical Illness
Insurance that lets you focus on recovery
Critical Illness insurance provides financial support to both patients and their families in a time of need. By providing a lump sum benefit amount upon the diagnosis of a life threatening illness, Critical Illness insurance can provides you with a financial cushion that will enable you to focus on recovery.
Unlike many other types of insurance, you decide how to spend the money.
- Medical costs not covered by Government programs or private health insurance
- Cost of personal or dependent care
- Mortgage payments while away from work
- Transportation to and from treatment
- Vacation with your family
Cancer, heart attack and stroke account for close to 90% of all critical illness claims to date in Canada. Most policies also cover a long list of additional illnesses for added protection.
Coverage is typically guaranteed medically up to a certain threshold and additional protection is often available. Spousal Critical Illness Insurance is now available through many employee benefits plans.