Why Group Insurance
As a business owner, you have a lot on your plate. You are constantly juggling your responsibilities; from family, to business, to employees.
A customized group insurance plan can help you lighten the load by accomplishing two things:
- Remove some of the stress often associated with both expected and unexpected healthcare expenses. Whether it be the expected cost of regular trips to the dentist for your children or filling your prescription for blood pressure medication, or, maybe an unexpected situation, like the negative effects of cancer treatment or the loss of life.
- Keep your existing employees happy and attract new talent to stay competitive and grow your business. There is no question that employees consider benefits to be one of the most important components of their compensation package. Introducing an employee benefits plan can be a great way to reward the people that you depend on. They can also be an important part of the package when attracting new talent to your business.
Group Insurance can be complex. Within today’s marketplace, there are a variety of group insurance programs available, including:
- Traditional experience rated plans
- Pooled Plans – like the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Self-insured programs (Administrative Services Only plans or Healthcare Spending Accounts)
- Association plans
- Individual health and dental programs
To complicate things further, each program offers a wide variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Options available include medical services and prescription drug coverage, vision care, dental, life insurance, AD&D, critical illness and disability insurance.
The moral of the story is…don’t go at it alone! You need a group insurance plan customized for your business, your employees and your budget. And we’re here to help! At Norbram, we specialize in providing benefits to small and medium sized businesses. We’ve been in the business since 1978 and currently manage the group insurance plans for over 2,000 businesses across Ontario.